The Espora Energética S.A. (Espora) was established in May 2001 with the objective of exploring the concession of the hydroelectric power plant Espora with 32 MW, located in the municipalities of Aporé and Serranópolis in the southwest of Goiás through construction, installation, distribution and sale of produced energy, with a concession period of 35 years between 2001 and 2036.
The CMSA Holdings holds 25% of Espora. The other shareholders are J. Malucelli Energia S.A., Planex Engenharia Ltda., Lar Participações Ltda. and Mora Participações Ltda.
HYDROELECTRIC POWER PLANT ESPORA - TECHNICAL INFORMATION
- Installed capacity: 32 MW
- 3 Double Horizontal Francis Turbines, 10,67 MW each
- 3 Gevisa Power Generators 11,859 KVA each
- Emergency Diesel Generator: 180 KVA
- Sanitary Flow: 25 m³/s
- Reservoir Area: 28,057 km²
- Earth and Rock fill Dam: 1.600 m of total length
- Dam Height: 45,78 m
- Upper Quota: 586,00 m
- Substation / Transmission line: 13,8 / 138 KV
- Transformers: 2 Transformers Weg, 18 / 24 MVA, ONAN / ONAF
- Transmission Line Length: 102,8 km – Espora to Cachoeira Alta
- Structures: 412 Canadian-like Structures